Wednesday, October 12, 2011

We're all in the shit.

It has come to my attention that I need a break from life.  I got a few calls from my brain while dreaming, and let's just say those dreams have spoken to me loud and clear.  The last conversation ended ugggggly.  I don't know what's going on lately, but it feels like I'm being pulled into more directions than I can handle.  It's nice to be needed, but it's also exhausting.  It's especially exhausting when it feels like everyone and their mother wants a piece of you.  I like to pretend I'm a little fairy that has all the power I need to keep everyone happy, but in reality I'm up to my knees in shit.  I know everyone feels this way once in awhile so I'm not trying to be overly dramatic about my issues.  I'm just saying I need to stop all the visual and mental clutter and have a me day.  Is that really too much to ask?  I'm just admitting a small defeat and trying to remember that I can't forget about myself in this process.  I've been neglecting the things I require to be happy AND functioning.  If you need to be in my general vicinity at any time, then you know that I become a grumpy bitch if I don't get my minimum.  It's not a good look.  So if I check out for awhile, you know why.

1 comment:

  1. How often we get lost in the webs we weave. It's like a spider getting lost in his own home. Take for example the center of the web being you. Now the first branch out can be, well let's use work for example. It has all of the people you encounter at work, all of their drama they have weaved into their own webs, but are now for some reason uninvitedly trying to weave a corner in your web so that they can bury all of their shit in your's so they can escape for just that one moment like when a deep sea diver come up for much needed air and takes that first, undescribeable breath of air. That's just work, imagine all of the other things we encounter as humans on a day to day that get stuck in our webs. They get cluttered and torn and need repair. But by the time we notice the extent of the damage we have spun such a huge web it would take forever to go all the way back and fix the flaws. So now they just eat away at us in the back of our mind as something that needed to be done but is to late to fix. I could go on for a few more lengthy paragraphs explain this parable but I think it already over explained. Point, we need to control the web! As hard as it is especially if you are someone who gives two shits about others we need to realize the most important part if the web is the center, US! We need to try and minimize the way it can spiral out of control and engulf us. As the saying goes, "what tangled webs we weave".

    ReplyDelete